Political campaigns rely on quick, effective and pointed delivery of information to the electorate. What better way to connect to the audience than through the personal touch that telemarketing offers?
It’s through outbound telemarketing that many successful political campaigns have relied to connect their message to their constituents or prospective constituents. Whether it’s soliciting donations or simply conveying the platform, telemarketing provides the proactive approach that politicians need to make an impact.
Did you know that when President Obama began seeking election for the nation’s top office, his campaign dropped a cool $3.3 million in the first six months on telemarketing, which was more than they spent on postage for direct mail?
Why is it so important to utilize telemarketing in political campaigns? Let’s take a look at the advantages that call centers have:
- Reputable call centers are staffed with people who have been extensively trained, not only on the subject of the campaign, but also on how to communicate effectively, listen empathetically and help the campaign along in an efficient manner.
- Call centers have the latest and greatest technology, which not only helps to keep costs per call as low as possible, it also helps to deliver a message with greater efficiency. This same technology is used for accountability purposes as well. For instance, call monitoring and call recording processes help add visibility into how your political campaign is being run.
- If you partner with the right telemarketer, you’ll also get access to their voter rolls, campaign donor lists and other information that can help you connect to more people. Politicians like to use the phrase “hit the ground running,” and when you connect with the right telemarketer, this is a true statement.
- Not only do telemarketers make calls to solicit donations or get the word out about a candidate’s platform, they can also offer polling and/or statistical analysis services. Look for one that can give you multiple services at a reasonable rate.
- Your telemarketing firm can also lock in tightly with your campaign staff, ensuring that the message is on track throughout the campaign, that constituents are getting an earful of useful information instead of political spin.
Not all telemarketers are the same. To make sure you’re getting the best one for your campaign, ask for referrals and do background checks on your finalists. Look at what technology they have in their operation and whether or not they’ve worked political campaigns previously. Will there be any conflicts of interest in working with a particular telemarketer due to past affiliations? If so, look elsewhere.
Blue Valley Telemarketing clients have consistently come back to us for their political campaigns, in part because they know they can count on us for reliable services that impact many facets of their campaigns. For a list of references, contact us today.